This week’s healthy lunches: seasonal veggie and chickpea salad!
- 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans/whatever you call them
- 1 bell pepper (any color, or more than 1 if you really love bell peppers) In the photo I actually used gypsy peppers because that’s what came in our Farm Fresh to You box last week
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes or whatever other type of tomato you like/have
- 1 cup corn (I used frozen corn because I am lazy. If you have the time and energy, corn from the cob would be amazing)
- olive oil and vinegar (I used white balsamic vinegar because I am currently in love with it)
- whatever seasoning you like (I used garlic salt and oregano, mainly because I couldn’t get the wrapper off the new bottle of thyme. Yeah.)
- any type of vinaigrette you like (We picked up a champagne vinaigrette today at the store. Because champagne.)
Cut zucchini and bell peppers into similar sized pieces (so they cook evenly, yo), then saute with olive oil. Add vinegar here if desired. I desired. I love it. Add seasonings here.
Cook until all pieces are soft.
While veggies are cooking, dice tomatoes, thaw corn, and rinse chickpeas.
When veggies are done, mix everything together in a large bowl. If eating right away, mix in your favorite vinaigrette. If storing for lunches for the week, add some white vinegar or olive oil, then add the dressing in the morning before taking to work.
Can be served on fresh spinach or other greens for a more filling salad.